Wanderlust: noun; a strong longing for or impulse toward wandering

It seems crazy to think that just a couple of months ago, I was in Paris and not long before that, I was exploring other countries in Europe. Now that I have (officially) finished undergrad, the necessity to move and a longing to travel has returned. I decided to add a minor to my Bachelor's of Arts degree because I didn't feel fully prepared to leave the comforts of the University nor was I ready to end my education. These months have been a conglomerate of incomprehensible feelings of joy and fleeting moments with a diversity of people from my oldest friend traveling to Peru (who I'm so excited to reunite with) to hosting a Russian student for a week and a half (who I will get to visit this Summer!) to a dear friend visiting from Iowa (who I met in China 2 years ago), I have been bombarded and blessed by constant changes. Thus, leading me to my next adventure: Colombia.
 Derived from my desire to continue practicing and using Spanish and my keen interest in South America-- after having studied extensively on the historical and political situation in various countries in Latin America-- I thought that it was finally time to pay my visit. I feel like Colombia chose me... The school responded quickly to my resume and before long, I had an interview and now it's less than a week before I leave. I skyped with the family that will be hosting- they are a young couple with a 2-year old daughter and they will also be hosting another girl from Finland. The school that I will be teaching English at is a private school in the mountains of Colombia called Tunja. Tunja has a somewhat cooler climate in the Spring. I will be working at the Blighty Bliss Institute where I will be teaching mostly teenagers and some adults English. This program is through www.workaway.com which allows people to connect with other companies and business and to work in exchange for accommodation.

My dear long-time friend is currently in Lima, Peru. If you have the means, any help is tremendously appreciated, please consider donating to this organization: https://www.generosity.com/emergencies-fundraising/aid-for-victims-of-floods-in-peru
As a developing country, Peru is in dire need of international help. This is one of the worst floods that has ever hit Peru, killing nearly 70 lives. There is a widespread shortage of water and assistance and many parts of the city are destroyed. If you're interested in reading more about my friend's experience, follow her on her journey: http://taylorstravels22.blogspot.pe/2017/03/it-comes-in-threes.html?m=1

When my friend from Iowa was visiting me, we spent the day at Tamolitch Pool, better known as Blue Pool, where crystal clear water runs from the glacier creating a gorgeous pool. It is a hidden treasure (more people are starting to discover it) on the outskirts of Eugene and we had a difficult time finding it. But after, I took her to the Twillinger Hot Springs, near the Cougar Reservoir.


I am shutting off services on my phone so it will be difficult to reach me, but the best way will be through Facebook and WhatsApp or simply stay updated through this blog. I don't know how often I will be able to write, but as always, I will try my best. The plan thus far is to teach for a couple of months and then travel in different countries in South America for 2 weeks before returning to prepare for graduation and next Russia :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris- Third Times the Charm

Day 2: Culture Shock?

The Journey Before the Journey